Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Play Space

Blame the poor quality of the photo on my mobile phone!
My play space looks a lot different to the average setup. I'm not sitting at the desk, nor am I sitting in an office chair. Instead I'm comfortably sunk into my squeaky old Ikea sofa, equipped with a blanket and fluffy pillow.

The picture also shows a cup featuring either tea or coffee and one of the small unidentifiable items on the armrest plate is a digital candy wrist watch I was given recently while at the DiGRA conference.
It reads 3:45.

My laptop is positioned on top of a small decorative table of sorts my mom gave me. It's actually perfect for the purpose it serves. It has the right height, it's set on wheels and can be rolled away from the sofa easily. It may look primitive, but it works surprisingly well.

Whenever I bring my laptop to school it's not uncommon for someone to be impressed, it's big and may give the impression I have an even more shiny and super powered machine at home. Little do they know that this is my machine, my only computer, except for an old HP laptop from 2003 in the cubboard. I have never owned a stationary, only laptops. I know this fact is likely to overthrow my hard earned image as a "fringe-gamer".

I'm also aware that this doesn't look like a play space at all, it looks like a TV/relaxation space, and indeed the TV is at a comfortable viewing angle from the sofa. My play space is multi-purpose!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, your space is not all that atypical. Last week we saw several spaces that weren't just straight desk setups and even the ones that were often had fascinating stories behind them.

    ReplyDelete